WHAT IS FDR?
This process rebuilds worn out asphalt pavements by recycling the existing asphalt surfaces. The old asphalt and base materials are pulverized, mixed with cement and water, and compacted to produce a strong, durable base for either an asphalt or concrete surface.
WHEN IS FDR APPROPRIATE?
- The pavement cannot be fixed with resurfacing.
- The existing pavement distress indicates that the problem likely exists in the base or subgrade.
- There is an unsuitable base and subgrade (ex: clay, water, etc.)
- Fixed cost to solve the problem
- Will add years of longevity to the roadway
- Creates a uniform solid base for surface layers