Join Team Finley and Become a Part of Expertise and Excellence.
Responsible for various stages of large civil and government construction projects that entail installing and repairing concrete jobs.
- Completes final finishing of precast/prestressed products at the job site during the erection phase of the project
- Patches and blends structural concrete working with a variety of raw materials, including chemicals and aids
- Install/repair: Curb, gutter, walkway, paths, etc.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and review drawings
- Review Bid Invitations
- Manage take-offs
- Prepare worksheets and proposals for review
- Review and edit scopes within allowable time from Contractors
- Revise take-offs and proposals
- Participate in scope meeting
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Assist field personnel with take-off questions
- Request material pricing for all P&C projects
- Request Subcontractor pricing
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Assist Operations/Field with their needs on a daily basis
- Read & understand contracts and help ensure our work is performed correctly
- Assist with project schedule when required
- Create and process change order requests
- Create project RFI’s
- Create project waivers
- Schedule material deliveries to assist operations/field
- Perform on-screen take-offs for concrete, asphalt, utilities, erosion controls, etc. to help in the scheduling, change order, and billing process.
- Attend pre-construction, safe start and progress meetings
- Create project purchase and work orders and subcontracts
- Ensure material & subcontractor quotes are still valid after contract is executed
- Obtain/gather information to create a submittal package
- Manage and monitor shop drawings when required
- Document important transactions, agreements, delays or events relating to contract to ensure companies best interest is served and protected
- Set up schedule of values and billing of projects each month
- Assist in collection of money on all overdue “new work construction” accounts
- Prepare “in house” scope package for operations
- Communicate with Owner’s, General Contractors
- Communicate with Operations, subcontractors and suppliers
- Communicate, support and help enforce safety effort
- Must be able to read site plans including profiles and details
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications for various projects
- Prepare and request Right-of-Way and Hauling permits for different counties/jurisdictions such as Arlington and Alexandria Counties.
- Print big set of drawings as requested for field and office personnel.
- Supervise crews and prepare daily reports on special projects as per Erick/Lewis’ request. Also communicates, supports, and enforces corporate
- safety effort while onsite.
- Compare estimated costs with actual costs to determine if the project is profitable or not.
- Identifies discount opportunities both during purchasing process and at time of payment and coordinates these activities with appropriate personnel.
- Request quotes for materials such as stone, concrete, asphalt, etc. as needed during the pre-construction stage.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Provide financial and administrative services to ensure receipt of revenue for the company is constant, timely and accurate.
- Maintain billing system utilizing Foundation software
- Generate and send invoices and progressive billings
- Receivable collection calls; report status to management
- Monitor accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Prepare & return partial, final lien waivers as well as sub-tier lien waivers
- Prepare & return warranty letters
- Assist in closing out progressive accounts
- Post payments
- Maintain aging reports
- Process account adjustments
- Assist with quarterly and year-end process
- Maintain project files to verify fully executed contracts
- Obtain new construction and new customer credit information and copy of payment bonds
- Communicate with Operations’ scheduling department -distribute job numbers and enter new job data
- Obtain Certificate of Insurance and maintain 3rd party compliance sites
- OCIP and CCIP enrollment and reporting
- Assist sales team with vendor set up and receivable reporting
- Review weekly sales team production sheets to report executed and unexecuted projects prior to Ops Meeting; update Work in Progress report to distribute weekly
- Distribute weekly Certified Payroll Reports