Join Team Finley and Become a Part of Expertise and Excellence.
Paving Crew Foreman:
The foreman supervises a crew of laborers in the installation of plant material by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises a crew of up to 10 employees and prioritizes work.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Submits crew members’ timesheets to payroll by deadline.
- Attends branch operation meetings as required.
- Identifies 50 commonly used plants.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
The position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 5:30 a.m. to ? when job is complete., at least 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
May have to travel within 100 mile radius and have overnight hotel stay.
Required Education and Experience
- High school education.
- Related experience or training.
Preferred Education and Experience
5 Years Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perform various paving operations such as: roadways, parking lots, driveways, patching, reclamation, milling, excavation, grading
- Maintain equipment operation and grounds
- Ensure work site is maintained and that equipment is running properly
- Assist work site foreman with all tasks as needed, follow instructions and perform duties as assigned.
- Safely operate equipment and perform mechanic and general labor duties
- Able to lift up to 70+ pounds
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintains good housekeeping around the work site.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order
Responsible for various stages of large civil and government construction projects that entail paving operations such as: roadways, parking lots, driveways, patching, reclamation, milling, excavation, grading part.
- The primary duty of the Asphalt Equipment Operator is to safely run and maintain equipment such as Asphalt Paver, Asphalt Roller, Skid Steer and various other heavy equipment.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Exercise safe working practices including use of required PPE at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for various stages of large civil and government construction projects that entail installing and repairing concrete jobs.
- Completes final finishing of precast/prestressed products at the job site during the erection phase of the project.
- Patches and blends structural concrete working with a variety of raw materials, including chemicals and aids.
Truck Drivers: Class A and B
Safely transporting material from a Plant, Quarry or jobsite location to an assigned destination for placement or disposal.
Performs necessary tasks to safely load and unload material/equipment using a company truck.
(This includes all trucks & lowboy trailers.)
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage covered at EOD.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with our clients or the public.
- Conduct daily inspections pre & post trip, reports must be turned in daily.
- Comply with all DOT, state, local and in-house regulations, procedures, and rules.
- Operate truck/equipment in a safe manner at all times, NO RIDERS in or on the truck or equipment.
- Perform loading, unloading, in a timely manner of all material & equipment to assigned/approved destination.
- Travel from job site to job site or plant to job site safely. (some jobs may involve overnight travel)
- Clean off any debris from truck or equipment before leaving the plant, quarry, jobsite or landfill.
- Trucks must be kept clean inside and out, any downtime you have must be spent cleaning your truck.
- Maintain proper and complete documentation of all tasks performed on a daily basis.